I’m a little obsessed with crochet donuts right now! They are so fun to make! My kids might be almost as obsessed as I am… they each want a few! Last week I finished up my first pillow sized one. Yesterday I finished my 6 pack of “regular” ones and now I’m working on another pillow.I had so much fun with these, I decided to order a book on food patterns. Honestly, some of them are adorable, some not so much so.I also finished my Karma Chameleon yesterday!What is your favorite project right now?
To start out- nothing like logging on to post today’s blog post, feeling good I’ve been consistent the last half of the week, and finding out I somehow didn’t actually post the other days. Oye! Out they went.
I’m (getting) beyond excited about Ragnar Chicago! We are 5 weeks from our start. Our team signed up as the Sprinting Turtles (thanks to a random name generator) way back in December. What wouldn’t be fun about 12 people, 2 vans, 200 miles of relay?! I am team captain, and am hoping to make this fantastic for the team
A few weeks ago, a teammate had to back out for medical reasons. Yesterday, her replacement backed out. Each runner runs 3 legs of the relay. I am now looking for a runner to run 3.4 miles, 3.6 miles, then 4 miles- with 5 weeks of training. Fingers crossed for us!
On my own training- my shins are finally feeling better. I was accidentally running in my wore out running shoes as I switched to outside training, and wearing heeled shoes instead of flats. Ice, less miles, and compression socks worked like a charm.
Hubby is also on the team, and really picking up his game. That was hard when I was purposefully running less to heal my shins, but nice to stay motivated otherwise!
The weather this weekend is supposed to be horrible. I just saw we are in the 10-18″ of snow band. It’s the middle of April! Please make it stop! Of course we no longer have our gym membership, so I’m hoping the snow is less and the plows are able to get out so I can get some miles in this weekend!
What are your training woes? Have you run Ragnar before? Any tips?
Ugh- I really wish I would be better about posting every day, or even every other day. I am blaming it on the weather. Snow, cold, and clouds most days is making me “meh” I just can’t seem to get motivated for some things. I’ll keep working on turning it all around!
It’s been a while since I’ve updated my 18 in 2018 so I figured I’d do that today.
- Chuck Chick – Lalylala
- Buddy Bunny – Lalylala
- Rufus Lamb – Lalylala
- Funny Bunny – Lilleliis
- Campfire Blanket Scarf – Two Of Wands
- Nice and Knit Beanie – Nice & Knit
- Crochet Island Play Set – Squirrel Picnic
- Karma Chameleon- Let’s Knit
- Doughnut Pillow-
#5 is the only one made out of all purchased yarn. #9 I bought yarn for the doughnut color. All of the rest I’ve been plugging away with yarn I have on hand! Yay!
I still have to attach the eyes of my Chameleon, they come today.
I also started a scarf with my Alpaca yarn I bought last fall.
And I’m making more doughnuts- they are super fun! I might even try some regular size ones 🙂
Yesterday was a snow-day and I only had my niece for daycare kids. As lay awake before 5am, wondering if there was going to be school, I started to think about all of the things I could finish and check off my list.
Turns out my kids all played wonderfully, but my niece was a handful (18 months old, who would have guessed she’d be a handful?). When there is a house full of other kids, she is distracted and I can SOMETIMES get something accomplished. Not yesterday!
To top it off, I spent nap time blowing off a layer of snow before more heavy stuff came down and he winds picked up. All in all, the weather was not as bad as expected.
I did manage to make a little progress on a few different projects though!
I took apart the seams on my moms poncho so I can close up the neck a bit.
I finished the last couple pieces of Chameleon. Now to see him together!
Edged 1 of 3 receiving blankets.
Finally- I cut out all of he letters for the banner I was asked to make for A’s school music program. Maybe today the glue gun will make an appearance!
Ok- I guess I really did get a fair amount done (even if I did all of that over 16hours)
What projects are you trying to finish? Did you get snow yesterday too? How many of you are ready for spring?
Oh, a week in the sun, sand everywhere, and waves galore! Vacation was wonderful! Now I need to get back in the swing of everything!
I was happy to be able to run outside on vacation a few times, and even managed a run on the beach one morning. The beach run was a struggle- I was barefoot and it was 15-20 mph winds coming off the ocean. I’m happy to say I’ve run on the beach, but probably won’t do it again!
Laundry is almost caught up, groceries are purchased, daycare kids are back and we are all readjusting!
While on vacation, I managed to finish my campfire blanketshawl. It is pretty, but probably very impractical. I started my Chameleon and am hoping to finish it soon!
If the kids request one, I’ll make them their own shawl, but I’m not sure I want to make 3 more!
A downside to vacation was realizing a customers order had been lost by USPS and trying to fix the problem while not at home.
Ahhh, I love it when I get back in the swing of things and I get more and more energy to keep doing what I love. I really lost that mojo for a while after my concussion.
I am pumped to go run again tonight, maybe I’ll even hit the pavement… maybe!
I finished my 3rd island play-mat yesterday. I decided this one will not have the raised island, but will still come with creatures. The flat mat will make it better for babies to lay on. I just need to block it and add ribbon.
This morning I already trimmed, squared, and popped holes in fleece. Now I can sit and crochet edges until my heart is content. I decided to do one larger blanket as well as the 5 smaller (baby/toddler) size ones. This should keep me busy for a couple of hours. I did purchase yarn for this one, but will probably dip into my stash for some of the edging.
I also picked out yarn to make two chameleons- all stash yarn for this ❤️
In between picture taking for the island set, and crocheting edges on blankets, I should probably clean the house a bit and start packing for our trip!
Update on a few things:
- After struggling for a large part of last week to be a mom and work, the concussion fog finally lifted sometime Thursday. I still had to take it easy or I would get sleepy, foggy, and a headache. I have to say that the worst part of the concussion recovery, was as I was less foggy and realized just how much stuff I “should” be doing, but it would exhaust me or make me feel worse. Today is a Monday, and I feel rested and ready to tackle the world! I’m sure it helps I have Friday off to go visit friends for the weekend with the littles.
- February Pantry Bail Out
- Today I need to make it to the grocery store as we are out of fruits, veggies and milk. I have only spent less than $15 on groceries, but darling Hubby came home with some food last week, but won’t give me the receipt. Most of it was snacks for his desk, so I’m going to just say $30 there. That means if I can only spend $100 and make it until mid next week, I will have met my Pantry Challenge. After I felt better last week, I was able to slowly organize our chest freezer and found sooo much fish, and other food I didn’t realize we still had. Nat is going to be so sad about the fish as she does not like it at all!
- I have a few WIP’s that I hope to finish up this week:
- Island Play Set (#2)- I ran out of my “sea” color and now have to go buy some and pray the “no dye lot” is close to what I already had on hand. Other than this purchase, I had all of the yarn/stuffing on hand for both sets I made. I think I might make some separate animals/island parts that people can buy separately, but am not sure I want to make a full set again just yet.
- I need to finish my Hat by weaving in the ends 🙂 I have to say this is a very easy hat to make, and I tend to fight making hats! I will probably work on a few more in other colors down the road!
- I also am working on a Campfire Blanket Scarf– it is coming along nicely and was the first project I could work on as I recovered. Once I cast on, it is just knit, knit, knit and I don’t really need to count! I am hoping to have 3-4 of these ready for my family by summer and campfire season!
- In finishing the above projects I will have 5/18 projects done from my 18 in 2018 challenge and have made progress by using mostly yarn I had on hand so the stash is starting to dwindle!
- My 30 Day Shred challenge was sidelined by my concussion. I was doing so well, and normally would just not go back to finishing it up. Today I will try to do a Level 1 workout, and will stop if any of my concussion symptoms return, but I will finish this time!
I also want to put a big shout out to Nat who finished her second and final gymnastics meet of the season. Unfortunately she did not qualify for the State meet, but she came within one point! After a sever sprain this summer and Achilles Tendonitis at the beginning of the season left her sidelined for half the season, she made amazing improvements. I hope that learning the lessons of listening to her body, not returning too quickly, and also knowing when to push herself will serve her well as she continues to grow up!
Just a little sorry for all the ramblings! Have a great day!