Update on a few things:
- After struggling for a large part of last week to be a mom and work, the concussion fog finally lifted sometime Thursday. I still had to take it easy or I would get sleepy, foggy, and a headache. I have to say that the worst part of the concussion recovery, was as I was less foggy and realized just how much stuff I “should” be doing, but it would exhaust me or make me feel worse. Today is a Monday, and I feel rested and ready to tackle the world! I’m sure it helps I have Friday off to go visit friends for the weekend with the littles.
- February Pantry Bail Out
- Today I need to make it to the grocery store as we are out of fruits, veggies and milk. I have only spent less than $15 on groceries, but darling Hubby came home with some food last week, but won’t give me the receipt. Most of it was snacks for his desk, so I’m going to just say $30 there. That means if I can only spend $100 and make it until mid next week, I will have met my Pantry Challenge. After I felt better last week, I was able to slowly organize our chest freezer and found sooo much fish, and other food I didn’t realize we still had. Nat is going to be so sad about the fish as she does not like it at all!
- I have a few WIP’s that I hope to finish up this week:
- Island Play Set (#2)- I ran out of my “sea” color and now have to go buy some and pray the “no dye lot” is close to what I already had on hand. Other than this purchase, I had all of the yarn/stuffing on hand for both sets I made. I think I might make some separate animals/island parts that people can buy separately, but am not sure I want to make a full set again just yet.
- I need to finish my Hat by weaving in the ends 🙂 I have to say this is a very easy hat to make, and I tend to fight making hats! I will probably work on a few more in other colors down the road!
- I also am working on a Campfire Blanket Scarf– it is coming along nicely and was the first project I could work on as I recovered. Once I cast on, it is just knit, knit, knit and I don’t really need to count! I am hoping to have 3-4 of these ready for my family by summer and campfire season!
- In finishing the above projects I will have 5/18 projects done from my 18 in 2018 challenge and have made progress by using mostly yarn I had on hand so the stash is starting to dwindle!
- My 30 Day Shred challenge was sidelined by my concussion. I was doing so well, and normally would just not go back to finishing it up. Today I will try to do a Level 1 workout, and will stop if any of my concussion symptoms return, but I will finish this time!
I also want to put a big shout out to Nat who finished her second and final gymnastics meet of the season. Unfortunately she did not qualify for the State meet, but she came within one point! After a sever sprain this summer and Achilles Tendonitis at the beginning of the season left her sidelined for half the season, she made amazing improvements. I hope that learning the lessons of listening to her body, not returning too quickly, and also knowing when to push herself will serve her well as she continues to grow up!
Just a little sorry for all the ramblings! Have a great day!