I was sitting at home, enjoying a snowday where my kids were all playing nicely, rewarding myself with some blog surfing for checking off some pesky items from my TO DO list. In the back of my mind, I was trying to decide what to do with my yarn stash, trying to decide what to do with my projects I have printed, but have yet to do. Along came NothingButKnit. Karen was talking about how she came across another blog that was going to Knit the Year. I thought this was amazing! Karen is also committing to using a certain number of skeins of yarn this year that she had when the year changed. I think this is AMAZING!
I plan to complete 18 projects I have printed or saved (no new projects will count toward this goal… but I’m sure they will happen as well!). I am currently not certain exactly which projects I plan on using, I will knit, crochet, or sew 18 projects I have never done and already own or have pinned.
Here are the first 10 I have high hopes of using (they are already printed and allowed me to stay out of the Pinterest Rabbit Hole):
- Chuck Chick, Buddy Bunny & Rufus Lamb – Lalylala
- Funny Bunny – Lilleliis
- Campfire Blanket Scarf – Two Of Wands
- Commuter Fingerless Glove – Stephanie Sun
- Nice and Knit Beanie – Nice & Knit
- Crochet Island Play Set – Squirrel Picnic
- Safari Play Set – Red Heart
- Unice Unicorn Hood – The Velvet Acorn
- Hooded Owl Blanket – MJ’s Off the Hook Designs
- Skinny Hooker Breakfast – Brandy Isham (Ravelry)
I am hoping to use as much of my stash for primary yarn as possible on these projects! Some of these projects will use up significant time and yarn 🙂
I’ll keep you up to date on how the stash is dwindling and how the 18 in 2018 is going!
Off to enjoy the cozy snowday with my kids!